Sunday, November 25, 2007

Like Mother, Like Daughter




While we were in Oklahoma, the kids and I traveled a few miles to see my best friend's daughter (I'll call her Sassy, as the name suits her to a T!). My BFF passed away just 3 weeks after Sassy was born. I have kept in close touch with Sassy's grandparents over the years. They have kept me updated on how she is doing and send me pictures every year and even came to visit us about a year and a half ago.

Now that Sassy is getting older we have gotten closer and frequently exchange emails. She is growing into a beautiful young woman and has really taken on a lot of her mother's characteristics and mannerisms. I call her Sassy because she is just that... Sassy. Just like her mother was. Her mother was one of the most vivacious people I have ever known. In fact Sassy is so much like her mother, that as I sat back and watched the banter between her and her grandmother, I could have sworn that I was watching my BFF and her mother!

Sassy's grandparents were so very gracious to us during our visit and her Aunt was kind enough to include us in their family photo taking. She took these shots of us.

I am taking Sassy to Paris when she graduates high school in a few years. She is really excited, as am I! I am just so thankful that I am able to be a part of her life and have the opportunity to share with her my memories of her mother.

1 comment:

Haley said...

I know she is looking down smiling knowing that you are a part of Sassy's life. That is a true friend!!!!!