Sunday, October 7, 2007

First Date

Rea had her first official movie date tonight with the "Greek God"! They wanted to go to the movies, so we all piled in the van and had movie night. He met us there compliments of his Mom, as neither of them has their license yet.

Piggy and I went to see "The Game Plan" and Rea, Greek, and Bubsy went to see another flick. Not sure if Rea really wanted Bubsy to tag along on her "date", but it put my mind at ease, not that they would do anything wrong, but I do remember how I was at that age! Especially in a dark theater!

Bubsy was adamant that he sit behind them so he could make sure that Greek didn't make the moves on his big sister, but he ended up sitting right next to Rea. What a dutiful lil' brother! I can't imagine how he will be when he's chaperoning one of Piggy's dates!! Poor Piggy!

Rea and Greek were really cute together, and he was VERY respectful. No hand holding or arms around the shoulders in front of me! He even said he would like to meet Rea's Dad (heaven help him!).

Rea asked me today at lunch how I thought her Dad would react to meeting him, and I had to give her a little lesson about boyfriends and Dads!

I told her that her Dad wouldn't like ANY boy she brought home and probably wouldn't even like the man she chooses to marry, until about 10 years after the wedding and only after he's sufficiently proven himself a good husband and dutiful provider. So, I urged her to not be discouraged when Greek finally meets Dad! And I'm sure this will be the first of several boyfriends, so I wanted her to have the right disposition so she could understand how Daddy's become overly protective of their little girls.

In fact, I think (after 16 years, 3 kids, a lovely home and stability), that my own father finally accepts Hubby! Ha! Right Dad?

No comments: